Tuesday, August 6, 2024

How To Get Your Daily Dose Of Awe

Anyone going through the divorce process knows you need the full range of stress reduction tools at our disposal. Tapping into awe is one of those tools I've recently written about. The article starts like this:

On my travels one day, I saw a skunk. Not one dead by the side of the road. Not one scurrying in the dark. It was a medium sized guy ambling across a campus road just after dawn. There were no other cars or people, so I had the opportunity to stop and watch. It had a clean and shiny coat. It didnt seem to have a care in the word, pausing to sniff, then moving on. Also sharing this space with me were some squirrels, deer and geese.

It's hard to describe what I felt. Wonder. Peace. Community. Part of a larger world that included all these other beings. It all adds up to awe.

Read more here...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment